We can’t protect the Kimberley from mass industrialised fracking oil and gasfields without the help of people in Perth and around the state. We must make a movement so loud that politicians can’t ignore it.
Deputy Premier Roger Cook is a key decision maker right now, as he is the Minister for State Development.
We know that the Department he oversees is negotiating with Texan Frackers Black Mountain right now about a pipeline to Karratha, and has given conditional approval to export their fracked gas.
Minister Roger Cook must hear our opposition to Black Mountain Energy's fracking and pipeline plans loud and clear.
Will you write a quick letter or email to Deputy Premier Roger Cook and call on him to reject Black Mountain’s plans?
Minister Roger Cook
2 Havelock Street, WEST PERTH WA 6005
Email: [email protected]
- Start with a quick introduction, especially if you live in the Kimberley or why you care about the region
- Keep it polite and concise, one or two paragraphs is great
- Name your concerns about Black Mountain, fracking the Kimberley and a gas pipeline.
- Urge Minister Cook to retract the in principle agreement with Black Mountain to export gas.
- End your email or letter with a question so Minister Cook needs to reply, ie “Will you halt negotiations between your Department and Black Mountain for their pipeline to export gas until the EPA has assessed the company's proposals?"
- A bonus would be to cc your local state MP, you can look them up here.