Join landholders all over the nation by locking your gate to unconventional (fracking) gasfields. A sign on your gate clearly shows that you do not give permission for gas/petroleum companies to enter your property.
Although petroleum companies have been given an elevated position under the law in Western Australia, you still have considerable rights. If a petroleum company comes knocking on your door, we suggest that you say:
- GO AWAY and communicate with us by mail
- ACCESS IS PROHIBITED unless we have signed an access agreement
It is then advisable to:
- Put a LOCK THE GATE sign on your fence (or similar sign, you can even make your own!)
- REFUSE to keep anything confidential
- ENSURE your neighbours KNOW about the threat
- NOT SIGN ANYTHING without legal advice
- UNITE AND DECLARE your community GASFIELD FREE
The best thing you can do to defend your property is to join with your neighbours and refuse to co-operate. You might also like to get in touch with your nearest local group to get more involved in the campaign in your region. If there is no group nearby, you could use our 'Tips to Get Active' to start a new group to protect your local area, and you can also contact us if you'd like some support, email email@example.com.